Thursday, August 06, 2009

Lora Cries….again.

[From summer 2006]

Watching cartoons with Seylah and Dale…7pm-ish…have I mentioned already that apparently our television only picks up cartoons for some strange reason?

“Slaaaammm!” The door to Lora’s room flies open. What looked like a ball of tears, agony, and total disarray flies to my general direction. To the average person, these hysterics might have warranted an immediate call to 911. However, I am a trained professional when it comes to Lora. After a glance at her, my eyes refocused on the cartoons. In my mind, whether it was the TV or her, it was pretty much the same show. At least the tv I could turn off if I wanted to.

“Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, I received another bill from school. I….I…..I….I….(yes, it was a stuttering show)….I….I….I had everything budgeted out….how can this be. I know I had things budgeted out. I can’t afford this. I have to move back to California. Yes, I’ll have to move back now.”

In the most nonchalant move I’ve ever seen, Dale reached up, grabbed “The Bill” from Lora’s hand, glanced at it and stated “Lora, the date on this is from a month ago. Did you accidentally look at this and think it was a current bill?” This was immediately followed by Dale dropping the paper on the ground and redirecting his attention back to the television.

Lora picked up the paper, went to her room and shut the door. Two minutes later, Lora emerged, tranquil and happy that the world was back to “normal”.

I had seen Dale send a calm person into a total tizzy with only a few words before, but I’ve never seen him calm a person who is having a psychotic episode. I wondered what the world would be like if Dale used his powers for good and not evil so much.

Life Lesson: Throughout your life, people will freak out when around you. Just focus on cartoons and they’ll tire themselves out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home