Monday, August 10, 2009

And the Boxes Tumble Over

[summer 2006]

Don’t get me wrong, I think Lora has huge issues/problems, but she does have one thing going for her – that she’s a compassionate and kind person. That being said, I was fortunate enough to see her diabolic side (perhaps the side passed onto seyhla?).

“DALE, DALE, DALE…MOMMY NEEDS YOU”

We’ve heard screams before and they always turned out to be the same scenario – one where Lora wants attention. With that in mind, Dale and I sat in our lawn chairs while our steaks cooked on the grill. We didn’t even acknowledge the screams and sure enough, Seyhla vanished as quickly as she appeared.

Just on cue, 20 seconds later, Lora appeared in a total rage. “YOU MOTHER F---ERS. I AMLOST DIED IN THERE.”

(calmly) “what happened Lora?”

“THE BOXES IN MY ROOM FELL OVER ON TOP OF ME. I WAS TRAPPED AND COULDN’T BREATHE!”

“then how are you talking to us now Lora?”

“YOU A—HOLES, I MEAN IT. I ALMOST SUFFICATED”

“riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Lora”

“SCREW YOU GUYS. SEYHLA, GET IN THE CAR”

Peace ensued with their temporarily departure to go who knows where. As usual, Dale and I had another great idea. We rushed to her bedroom and saw the boxes scattered all over the floor. We took a shirt from her closet and stuffed it with newspapers. We then took a balloon, blew it up, and attached it to the shirt as if it were a head. We placed this ½ mock body next to a box on the ground and left a note as if it was a message coming from the mouth on the balloon, “Help! I am dying!!”

Our intention was to poke fun of the situation. Fortunately, when Lora returned, she chuckled at the mockery of her that lay on the floor in her room.

Life Lesson: Sometimes all you need is a shirt, newspapers, and balloons to turn a life threatening disaster into something humorous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home